NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in the month of May.
From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
What is New in NEET 2017?
- As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER).
- All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
- NEET 2017 can be written in 8 regional languages including English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu.
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of NEET 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for NEET 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- Application fee can be paid through Paytm also.
NEET 2018 Exam Dates
NEET Application form has been released in the last week of December 2017.
The application form would be available soon in the month of January 2018.
Exam would be conducted May 6, 2018
Candidates are suggested to stay tuned with Panacea SciTech for latest updates about NEET exam.